Data Science Immersive
- Awarded byGeneral Assembly
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$17,500
- Duration12 Weeks Full Time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12 Weeks Full Time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | VIC
- Career OutcomesData Analyst | Database Designer | Assistant Database Developer | View all
Your best course for a career transformation. This full-time data science boot camp features expert instruction, one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
Made With — and for — Top Employers
Data science has topped LinkedIn’s Emerging Jobs Report for three years running. Capitalise on-demand with a program that’s primed for industry relevance. Our curriculum is guided by the Data Science Standards Board — a group of data executives from companies like Bloomberg and Nielsen.
Gain a Well-Rounded Technical Foundation
Get hands-on with the skills you need to derive value from complex data. Dive into Python, data analysis, and statistical modelling. Then, branch into machine learning with algorithms of increasing complexity, from decision trees and random forests to natural language processing and neural networks.
Put Predictive Modeling Techniques Into Practice
Tackle five projects, compiling a professional-grade portfolio of compelling stakeholder presentations and data visualisations. For your capstone, you’ll put machine-learning models into production to address a real-world data challenge.
What You'll Learn
In this digital marketing course, the subjects you may study include:
Pre-Work: 12 Hours of Online Tutorials
Unit 1: Data Science Fundamentals
Unit 2:Exploratory Data Analysis
Unit 3: Classical Statistical Modeling
Unit 4: Machine Learning Models
Unit 5: Advanced Topics and Trends
Why Study With General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn web development, data, design, business, and more with GA, you get:
- Award-winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online.
- A global, professional community of 40,000-plus full- and part-time alumni.
- Career results from leading-edge courses, with mentorship each step of the way.
Founded in New York City, General Assembly is creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering short-from upskilling programs through to 12 week immersive programs designed to help you land a role in the tech industry.
Courses can be taken on campus at locations in Sydney and Melbourne or virtually via a Live Online Remote Format.
Be part of a supportive community during every step of your learning journey and beyond!
At GA, you will have a dedicated student success producer, to guide you through the course and ensure you are supported throughout your journey. You will also have the opportunity to attend regular social events, to mingle with other students and alumni.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Data Science Immersive qualification from General Assembly.
From Full-Time Student to Full-Time Employment
Land a full-time role as Data Analyst or Data Scientist
According to GA's 2018/19 Outcomes Report, 91.4% of full-time General Assembly graduates who complete our Career Services program got a job in their field of study within 180 days of graduation.
General Assembly’s full-time Immersive programs in web development, user experience (UX) design, and data science are rigorous, career-driven courses designed to propel each student — no matter their experience level at entry — into an exciting new career.
Developed by industry experts and tailored to meet the demanding needs at top employers worldwide, GA’s Immersive courses position candidates for professional success. In addition to learning from and collaborating with experts, mentors, and local leaders in the classroom, Immersive students receive dedicated career support to help them achieve their goals.
Thousands of companies have hired GA graduates. Our career coaches work one-on-one with students and graduates to ensure they have tools and strategies to secure a successful outcome in their job search.
Here’s how we prepare students.
- A Dedicated Career Coach. This accountability partner helps keep your professional goals and job search on track, before and after graduation.
- Job-Search Prep. Delve into career development workshops in resume writing, networking, and more. Receive in-depth interview training, negotiation tactics, self-branding advice, and job search check-ins with your coach.
- Real-World Learning. Get an intimate, inside look at leading companies in the field through case studies from real businesses and insightful talks featuring industry pros.
- Partner & Networking Opportunities. Connect with GA grads at our alumni community meetups and meet local employers — from hot startups to Fortune 500 companies — at exclusive events and showcases with GA’s hiring partners.
- Data Analyst
- Database Designer
- Assistant Database Developer
- Assistant Database Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Big Data Visualiser
- Database Developer
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $17,500.
General Assembly offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner:
- Make repayments through Study Loans
- Make repayments through zipMoney
- Or, pay your course fees upfront via credit card.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: