HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental AssistingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byOpen Colleges (RTO 90796)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $3,192 OR Payment Plan: 46 Weekly Instalments of $84.57 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationUp to 12 months
- Start DateAnytime
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant | Dental Hygiene Assistant | Dental Therapy Assistant | View all
Studying this online Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) with Open Colleges provides you with the education and training to develop your skills as a professional dental assistant.
This certificate course, you will develop skills in all aspects of dental assistance, including infection control and OH&S procedures, operation and maintenance of dental instruments, processing and storing of radiographic film and equipment, and cleaning and sterilising of instruments and treatment rooms.
You will also gain knowledge and understanding of first aid requirements and the disposal of surgery waste. In addition, this online dental assisting program will give you the administrative and communication skills required of a modern dental assistant, and a solid understanding of diverse patient care requirements.
Administrative training in how to manage appointments, process payments and maintain accurate client records will complement the more technical aspects of the course.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this online dental assisting course, the units you may study include:
- HLTWHS001 -Participate in work health and safety
- HLTHSS003 - Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTOHC004 - Provide or assist with oral hygiene Communication and administration
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid*
*You will need to provide a certified and current First Aid certificate from a Registered Training Organisation to demonstrate competency for HLTAID003 Provide First Aid at your own cost.
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) from Open Colleges.
This comprehensive, nationally recognised online course in dental assisting will give you the education in patient support and technical expertise required for this in-demand role.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Prosthetist Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $84.57 per week (46 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $3,192 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
Applicants must also meet the criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Have a School Certificate or equivalent; OR
- Hold a relevant qualification; OR
- Have relevant vocational experience; AND
- Have a current Senior First Aid Certificate from an accredited course.