HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- Awarded byTred College (RTO 40797)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeBlended
- Course CostFace-to-face $3,900, Online & face-to-face (blended) $3,250
- Duration6 months / 36 weeks Full Time
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months / 36 weeks Full Time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant
This Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) course from Tred’s College will provide you with the skills and expertise to assist a range of dental health professionals, including; dentists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists, dental therapists and oral health therapists.
In addition to practical treatment, the course also includes detailed information on maintaining high standards of infection control, as well as dental practice administration as part of a comprehensive training program.
Their role includes maintaining high standards of infection control, assisting with practice administration and supporting quality and professionalism in the dental sector.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTDEN001 Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTDEN002 Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN003 Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF002 Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED304 Assist in controlling stock and supplies
- BSBMED305 Apply the principals of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
Why Study With Tred College
Healthcare is one of the most rewarding and important industries around, so when it comes to getting qualified to join the field, you need to ensure you’re getting the right and relevant training. Turn to TrEd College and trust them to equip you with the critical skills that’ll help make a real difference in your community.
With industry accredited short courses in Dental Assisting, Early Childhood Education and Care, Individual Support, Pathology and more, you can trust you’ll be getting the perfect kick-start to your career. Their specially tailored courses have been carefully planed to ensure you graduate with up-to-date and industry-relevant knowledge to help pave the perfect pathway for further education.
TrEd College is committed to providing their students with the right tools to thrive. Whether it’s practical or emotional support you’re after, students of TrEd will be able to access a range of resources to assist with every step of the way.
TrEd College is closely connected with some of Australia’s most trusted healthcare service providers which means students will be able to access these organisations’ academic support teams, as well as their in-course vocation placement and practical experience services.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) course from Tred's College, you will have a detailed grasp of a wide range of oral health procedures and play a vital assisting role in their performance.
- Dental Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
Face-to-face $3,900(Domestic students)
Online & face-to-face (blended) $3,250(Domestic students)
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Learners will need to be able to read and write to approximately Year 10 level or Cert III in English
- Learners need to be reasonably physically fit as the role involves standing for long periods of time
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: