Effective CommunicationGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,075
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Communication is the essential building block of a successful organization. Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Effective Management course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION
- Introduction to communication
- Perception and communication
- Culture and communication
MODULE 2 - COMMUNICATING BEYOND WORDS
- Non-verbal communication
- Language choices
MODULE 3 - QUESTIONING AND LISTENING
- Asking effective questions
- Effective listening
MODULE 4 - IMPROVING COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Communication styles
- Building rapport
- Developing and maintaining empathy
MODULE 5 - GIVING FEEDBACK
- Giving feedback
- Receiving feedback
MODULE 6 - OVERCOMING COMMUNICATION BARRIERS
- Types of Communication Barrier
- Attitudes and Behaviours
- Difficult Conversations
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Effective Communication course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Identify and develop your personal communication style while adapting your behaviors to better express your ideas in the workplace.
- Understand the role of culture, stereotypes and bias in communication and break down barriers to effectively communicate.
- Use active listening techniques and effective questioning skills to enhance your understanding and show empathy.
- Give and receive appropriate feedback and use trusted techniques to deal with difficult situations.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
This Effective communication course is designed for anyone who’d like to improve their own personal communication skills to better express information and ideas to others in the workplace.