Effective Business WritingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$1,495
- Duration2 Days
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration2 Days
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
The ability to produce accurate, clear and concise written communications has never been more important than in this electronic business age. This Effective Business Writing course includes comprehensive course notes, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and internet access.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Effective Business Writing course, the subjects you may study include:
- Writing in business
- Common business documents
- Business writing basics
- Plain English
- Making connections
- Get ready
- Information sources
- You are the judge
- Facts versus opinions
- The implications of business writing
- Stereotypes, bias, prejudice and motive
- Engaging the reader
- The role of emotions
- Get creative
- Drafting the document
- Composition and structure
- Writer’s block
- Get writing
- Proposals and cases
- News and releases
- Get smart
- Formatting basics
- Styles and layouts
- Get done
- Edit and proof
- Get feedback
- Distribute your good work
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Effective Business Writing course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Determine the purpose and appropriate formats for documents before determining the logical sequences of data, information and knowledge.
- Ensure data, information and knowledge is aggregated, interpreted and summarised to prepare text that satisfies business purposes.
- Analyse information and documents provided by others for bias, gaps, conflicting advice and political implications.
- Create consistency and credibility in your written communications.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
If your current role involves written communication or you’re simply looking to develop your professional writing skills, this Effective Business Writing course is ideal for you.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: