Effective Business WritingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,075
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
The ability to produce accurate, clear and concise written communications with Effective Business Writing course has never been more important than in this electronic business age. Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Effective Business Writing course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - WRITING IN BUSINESS
- Introduction to business writing
- Common business documents
- Business writing myths
- Business writing basics
MODULE 2 - USING LANGUAGE
- Plain English
- Using the right words
- Making connections
MODULE 3 - PREPARING FOR BUSINESS WRITING
- Information sources
- Implications of business writing
- Stereotypes, bias, prejudice and motive
- Engaging the reader
- The role of emotions
MODULE 4 - THE BUSINESS WRITING PROCESS
- Drafting a document
- Creative thinking approaches
- Composition and structure
- Writing practice
- Writer's block
- Writing in the workplace
- Proposals and cases
- News and releases
MODULE 5 - BUSINESS WRITING FINALISATION
- Formatting basics
- Styles and layouts
- Using graphics and imagery
- Editing and proofing
- Getting feedback
- Distributing your writing
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Effective Business Writing Course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Determine the purpose and appropriate formats for documents before determining the logical sequences of data, information and knowledge.
- Ensure data, information and knowledge is aggregated, interpreted and summarised to prepare text that satisfies business purposes.
- Analyse information and documents provided by others for bias, gaps, conflicting advice and political implications.
- Create consistency and credibility in your written communications.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If your current role involves written communication or you’re simply looking to develop your professional writing skills, this Effective Business Writing course is ideal for you.