Advanced CommunicationGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$570
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Gain the skills to communicate, discuss and debate intricate or controversial ideas in a clear and compelling way with this Advanced Communication course. Harness your critical thinking skills and learn strategies to successfully engage others while you deliver ideas with influence and impact.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task.
What You'll Learn
In this Advanced Communication course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - CRITICAL THINKING
- Elements of your argument
- Types of arguments
- Deceptive reasoning
- Analysing arguments
MODULE 2 - PLANNING AND COMMUNICATING IDEAS
- Communication styles
- Communicating for different purposes
- Divergent and convergent thinking
MODULE 3 - ENGAGING OTHERS
- Engagement techniques
- Engaging others
- Rhetorical techniques
- Visual aids
- The power of storytelling
MODULE 4 - COMMUNICATION CHALLENGES FOR MODERN PROFESSIONALS
- Communication across cultures
- Taking risks
- Provoking responses
- Engaging with modern media
MODULE 5 - DEBATING AND DISCUSSING IDEAS
- Gathering evidence
- Establish your position
- Challenge your own beliefs
- Present your case
- Reflection and self-examination
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Advanced communication course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Articulate, present and debate ideas in the context of your work or broader life experiences, using creative techniques to provoke response, reaction and critical discussion.
- Distill key themes, messages and positions to aid clarity of presentation.
- Explore the ways that storytelling can be used to communicate ideas.
- Debate and argue substantiated positions on ideas while being open to critical analysis.
- Identify and participate in conversations that challenge and explore concepts and generate new ideas.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
If you often need to communicate ideas in the workplace, this Advanced Communication course will give you the skills to build compelling arguments, recognize deceptive reasoning and communicate complex ideas.