Work PrioritiesGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$570
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6 months continuous access
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training is a state-of-the-art online learning management system that offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
It’s time to get back on the front foot and take control of your time at work. Discover how to manage pressures, organize work commitments and improve productivity. With this Work Priorities course, you’ll develop your ability to manage personal and work priorities as well as your own professional development.
AIM learning designers are experienced managers with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to develop relevant learning on the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Work Priorities course, the subjects you may study include:
MODULE 1 - BUILDING YOUR TIME PROFILE
- Analyse your time profile
- Assess, audit, analyze and act
- Create job clarity
- The priority matrix: Urgency and importance
- Create a workload profile
MODULE 2 - IDENTIFYING PRIORITIES AND GOALS
- Planning and scheduling priorities
- Organisational objectives
- Creating a plan or schedule
- Establishing contingencies
- Establishing a weekly routine
- Integrating your long-term goals
MODULE 3 - MANAGING YOUR TIME
- Time management challenges
- Managing stress
- Collaborating with others
- Managing up
- Communicating expectations
- Asking for assistance
- Managing interruptions
- Saying yes or no
MODULE 4 - PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Defining and assessing development needs
- Designing and acting on development opportunities
- Reflecting and evaluating development activities
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Work Priorities course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you will be able to:
- Ensure your personal work goals reflect your organization’s plans and take initiative to prioritize competing for demands to achieve goals and objectives.
- Identify factors affecting the achievement of your work objectives and establish contingencies and incorporate them into work plans.
- Seek and evaluate feedback on your performance from colleagues and clients in the context of individual and group requirements.
- Assess personal knowledge and skills against competency standards and use development opportunities suitable to your own personal learning style to develop competence.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to accessing the online short course. Payment can only be made via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex).
What You'll Need To Get In
Designed for professionals at every stage of their career, this Work Priorities course is for anyone who wants to regain control and more effectively manage competing demands in the workplace.