Ethics and GovernanceGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byAustralian Institute of Management Education and Training (RTO 0049)
- QualificationShort Course
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$1,495
- Duration2 Days
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration2 Days
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- LocationNSW | QLD | SA | VIC | ACT
Focusing on interpreting legislation, policies and procedures to make ethical decisions, this Ethics and Governance course will explore how to promote ethical standards and foster integrity. You’ll also discover practical strategies for managing potential conflicts of interest in the workplace. This course includes comprehensive course notes, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and internet access.
The benefits of studying in a classroom setting include being able to share first-hand experiences, ideas and questions with peers and our expert facilitators. You’ll study alongside like-minded people and strengthen your network.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
What You'll Learn
In this Ethics and Governance course, the subjects you may study include:
- Federal, State and Local Governments
- Good Governance in the Public Sector
- Practices that Drive and Support Good Governance
- Public Sector State and Commonwealth Legislative Frameworks
- Public Service Values and Ethics
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Code of Conduct
- Conflict of Interest Law
- Misconduct in Public Office (MIPO)
- Corruption and Corrupt Conduct
- Serious and Substantial Waste of Public Resources
- Whistleblowing in the Public Sector
- Reporting Suspected Wrong Doing
- Duty to Report Corrupt Conduct
- Support and Advice
Why Study With Australian Institute of Management Education and Training
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this Ethics and Governance course from Australian Institute of Management Education and Training you'll be able to:
- Promote ethical standards by discussing their interpretation with senior staff to ensure common understanding while explaining to others the ethical obligations of the public service and the consequences of unethical conduct.
- Give ethical, lawful and reasonable directions to staff, using personal work practices, to provide a consistent example of desired ethical conduct while developing ethical team values through collaboration and leadership.
- Monitor and report on compliance with legislative requirements and address inadequacies in workplace procedures which contribute to non-compliance.
How Much Will It Cost?
We require full payment to be made upfront prior to attending the training. Payment options we offer include:
- Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard/Amex)
- Direct Deposit (EFT)
- Purchase Order - If you need to raise an internal purchase order please advise. Your space on the course is not secured until you have provided us with an official Purchase Order with all relevant details completed.
- Zip Money - If you would like to spread the cost of your training out our finance partner Zip Money can offer you a line of credit with 6 months interest-free and flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment options.
What You'll Need To Get In
If you’re either in the public sector currently or you work alongside the public sector and you have responsibility for ethical conduct and organizational governance, this Ethics and Governance course is essential.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: