BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
- Awarded byThe Management Edge (RTO 3927)
- QualificationCertificate IV, Certificate
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1850 for online study; $3500 for blended study
- Duration6-10 months
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration6-10 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesWork Health & Safety (WHS) Systems Officer | Work Health & Safety Assistant | WHS Coordinator
You’re a manager, team leader or supervisor who genuinely cares about the health and safety of your team. Now, gain a nationally recognised qualification that demonstrated your commitment with this Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety course from The Management Edge.
Designed for professionals working in a related role across any industry, this part-time course offers the skills, knowledge and experience required to successfully implement workplace health and safety into both an organisation’s work and culture.
In this course, you’ll build strong foundation skills and knowledge in how to implement workplace health and safety standards, how to support staff to work safely, and how to improve and strengthen your organisation’s practices. Practical, work-based assessments and tasks complement your existing work, and the opportunity to study entirely online offers flexibility for your life and your schedule.
While compliance with with work health and safety law is mandatory, this nationally recognised course provides a deeper learning experiences for people who want to do more than just the bare minimum to keep their teams safe. If that’s you, this course is your next career step.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this workplace health and safety course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBWHS412 — Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS415 — Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS414 — Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS413 — Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS416 — Contribute to workplace incident response
- MSS403053 — Map an operational process
- BSBWHS418 — Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBMGT403 — Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWHS419 — Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS417 — Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Why Study With The Management Edge
The Management Edge offers nationally recognised, industry-focused training programs to individuals and organisations seeking practical, personalised learning support.With offices in Victoria and New South Wales, and national delivery of online courses, The Management Edge is both large enough to offer a wide range of industry-connected courses and small enough to provide the individual support, high quality, and flexibility students need to succeed.Students can choose from a range of specialised management, leadership and business courses, from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Commonwealth and state government funding is available for eligible students in these courses, to make career development quicker and easier.
The Management Edge understands adult learners.
With expert trainers teaching from industry experience, and a flexible and supportive learning environment, The Management Edge offers quality study options to advance your career without interrupting your life.
Offering specialised workplace-based learning and the opportunity to build professional networks through study, The Management Edge ensures your time spend studying builds your career opportunities.
For real-world leadership experience and the confidence to succeed, consider the opportunity offered by a nationally recognised The Management Edge qualification.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety from The Management Edge.
This nationally recognised qualification equips you with the skills, knowledge and experience required to manage your workplace's occupational health and safety requirements with confidence. With this qualification, you may choose to seek work as a workplace health and safety coordinator, or incorporate these responsibilities into your existing role.
In an increasingly litigious and complex business world, professionals with workplace health and safety knowledge are in high demand. This qualification offers a pathway to high-valued, high-skilled work for your future career.
- Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems Officer
- Work Health & Safety Assistant
- WHS Coordinator
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $3,500 for blended learning, or $1,850 for online learning only.
Government funding may be available for eligible students. Enquire now for more information!
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be employed in a position that allows them to demonstrate application of skills required by this course; AND
- Have access to the internet for online research and activities.
Students will be assessed on satisfactory literacy, language and numeracy skills prior to starting this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: