CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building And Construction (VIC only)
- Awarded byBuilding and Construction Training Australia (RTO 22597)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeBlended
- Course Cost$9,680
- Duration8-11 months
- Payment OptionPayment plan
- Duration8-11 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesBuilding Contractor | Builder | Construction Manager | View all
This course has been designed to meet the needs of aspiring or working tradesmen who intend to become Building Supervisors, Building Managers or Site Supervisors. It provides a perfect starting point for people who want to start their own building business and prepare for the builders registration.
This Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is delivered either face to face in physical classroom environment or in virtual environment through online classes. BCTA ensures that the training is delivered to the standards of a real workplace environment.
You will be trained by best trainers in the industry with extensive experience giving you a detailed insight into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in Building and Construction industry.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this building and construction course, the subjects you study may include:
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply Building codes and standards to the construction process for low-rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
CORE AND ELECTIVE UNITS
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances (Core)
- BSBSMB404A - Undertake small business planning (Elective)
- BSBSPMG411 - Apply project quality management techniques (Elective)
- BSBFIM501A - Manage Budget and Financial Plans
You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including workbook learning activities, written assignments, written Questions & Answers and projects.
Why Study With Building and Construction Training Australia
Building and Construction Training Australia courses give students the opportunity to learn from the best in the building and construction industry.
With exclusive training materials and delivery methods, students learn best practices, real-world skills, and undertake on-the-job training. They graduate qualified to get their start or get ahead, in their building and construction career. BCTA qualifications are recognised by the Australian government.
Blended learning: BCTA offers a mix of learning options including self-directed online learning, classroom, and workplace apprenticeship placements.
Industry-relevant courses: Training is hands-on using quality assessment tools written to simulate real-world industry conditions and building activities. Graduate job-ready.
BCTA is committed to the success of their students in achieving the qualifications to meet their career goals. Student support is available from enrollment right through to graduation.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate IV in Building And Construction (CPC40110) from Building And Construction Training Australia.
- Building Contractor
- Construction Manager
- Construction Worker
- Construction Supervisor
- Construction Coordinator
How Much Will It Cost?
Enquire about payment options available.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills at Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3; AND
- Undertake a pre-training review; AND
- Not have previously completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification to be eligible for Victorian Government funding; AND
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand passport holder.