CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- Awarded byEverthought Education (RTO 32438)
- QualificationCertificate IV, Certificate
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$7,900
- Duration12 months part-time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12 months part-time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesSite Coordinator | Builder | Construction Manager | View all
Gain the technical and managerial skills required to work as a builder with this Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110) course from Everthought Education.
Designed for students with no prior experience, this course will equip you with the core skills, knowledge and experience required to work in the building and construction industry. Jobs in this industry remain in high demand, and construction workers in management roles can earn more than double the average Australian weekly full-time wage, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
This course will help you build the foundation skills required to work safely and effectively in small to medium-sized building businesses. You’ll learn how to manage building codes and occupational health and safety standards; estimate costs and schedules for building work; interpret and supervise building plans; procure labour and materials for work; and apply structural principles to construction work.
With a combined delivery, this course offers the flexibility of online learning with the utility of an in-person workroom. You’ll build practical skills and grow your knowledge without interrupting your life, and graduate qualified to take the first step in a rewarding career in construction.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this building and constructions course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A — Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A — Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A — Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A — Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A — Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B — Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A — Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B — Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B — Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B — Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B — Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B — Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4013A — Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4014A — Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4024A — Resolve business disputes
Why Study With Everthought Education
Everthought Education is a leading national expert in training and skills development for the building and construction industry, established in 2011.
With purpose-built training centres in Brisbane and Perth, and virtual classrooms led by trainers and assessors Australia-wide, Everthought Education offers hands-on practical experience with flexible study options that won’t interrupt your life.
Students can choose from a range of specialised building and construction qualifications, from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Students are also eligible to have prior professional experienced recognised by Everthought Education with a formal academic qualification.
Everthought Education understands the real world.
With blended learning opportunities, students will benefit from online learning with a team of national experts, while building practical skills in purpose-designed, real-world facilities.
Students with previous work experience can also apply to have this formally recognised as prior learning towards their qualification. Everthought Education’s team of expert assessors will assess skills, identify gaps, and recommend gap training if necessary.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of course course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110) from Everthought Education.
This course will equip you with the foundation skills, knowledge and practical experience required to seek work in small to medium-sized building and construction companies. Depending on your location, you may also be required to apply for a builder's license before starting work.
With this qualification, you'll be able to seek work as a builder, site supervisor or construction manager. You'll complete this course with the practical skills, managerial insights and confidence required to work safely, accurately and effectively on building and construction sites.
- Site Coordinator
- Construction Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Construction Worker
- Site Manager
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course is $7,900.
Everthought Education offers flexible payment options to accommodate your needs, including:
- Credit card payment
- Debit card payment
- Payment plan
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no eligibility requirements for this qualification; however, students will be required to take a language, literacy and numeracy assessment prior to starting this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: