HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byOpen Colleges (RTO 90796)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $4,952 OR Payment Plan: 72 Weekly Instalments of $84.58 (plus $100 deposit)
- Duration24 months max
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration24 months max
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesAllied Health Assistant | Therapy Assistant | Dietary Aide | View all
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) (HLT43015) offered by Open Colleges gives you the training to start your career in occupational therapy.
If you’re keen to help those affected by illness, injury, accident or ageing to resume everyday activities, then this is the course for you. In this online occupational therapy course, you’ll learn to interpret and apply medical terminology, assist with client movement and rehabilitation, respond to challenging behaviour, undertake case management, and implement infection control policies.
You’ll also develop key management and communication skills to give you a professional edge in the workplace. Students may require a current First Aid Certificate to commence placement at some workplaces.
Students of this course must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work placement.
How can Open Colleges help you? Find out more here.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this allied health program, the subjects you’ll study include:
- HLTAHA001 – Assist with an allied health program
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAHA010 – Assist with the development and maintenance of client functional status
- HLTAHA016 – Support the fitting of assistive equipment
- HLTAHA009 – Assist in the rehabilitation of clients
- BSBINM301 – Organise workplace information
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) (HLT43015) from Open Colleges.
Occupational therapy is a growing industry with a high demand for qualified professionals. This online health assistance course will help get your foot in the door. Upon graduation, students will be eligible for employment in a range of roles.
- Allied Health Assistant
- Therapy Assistant
- Dietary Aide
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Activity Supervisor
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in 72 weekly instalments
- $84.58 per week
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $4,952 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In
Applicants must also meet the criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Have a School Certificate or equivalent; OR
- Hold a Certificate II or higher; OR
- Have 2 years relevant industry experience
All applicants must be aged 16 or older.