HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography and Oral Health)
- Awarded by22557
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $3,590 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $80.58 (plus $100 deposit)
- Duration12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant | Dental Hygiene Assistant | Oral Health Advisor | View all
Give your career as a dental assistant the best possible start with this HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography and Oral Health Promotion Specialisation). The course will equip you with knowledge needed to pursue work in the specialisations of radiography and oral health promotion.
You will complete 250 hours of workplace training in addition to the online coursework to ensure you have a firm grasp on the practicalities and skills required for both the radiography and oral health promotion specialisations, in addition to general duties and administrative work required in a dental assistant role.
Foundation Education offers you the flexibility to make your studies work around your schedule, allowing you to balance coursework with your other commitments.
As a part of this course you will be required to complete a minimum of 250 hours of practical placement in a dental clinic.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this dental assisting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN007 - Apply the principles of radiation biology and protection in dental practice
- HLTDEN008 - Prepare to expose a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN009 - Produce a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN004 - Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- HLTDEN010 - Implement an oral hygiene program for older people
- HLTDEN011 - Implement an oral health promotion program
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography and Oral Health Promotion Specialisation) from Foundation Education.
By completing two key specialisations in dental assisting services, you will have greater career flexibility and the skills to pursue employment in oral health.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene Assistant
- Oral Health Advisor
- Dental Radiographer
- Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Receptionist
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $80.58 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $3,590 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE-Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Please note that legislative radiation licensing requirements may apply to some elective units.