HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Oral Health Promotion Specialisation)
- Awarded by22557
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,990 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $71.39 (plus $100 deposit)
- Duration12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant | Dental Hygiene Assistant | Dental Therapy Assistant | View all
A Certificate IV in Dental Assisting – Oral Health Promotion Specialisation, will give you the skills and knowledge you require to assist a Dentist, Dental Therapist or Oral Dental Hygienist during dental health care procedures.
Through the Oral Health Promotion Specialisation, you will learn the specialist skills you need to promote your own oral health program. This includes developing patient-specific oral hygiene programs, including those specific to older people. In addition to this, you’ll learn how to maintain high standards of infection control and effectively assist with practice administration. You will graduate with job ready skills that will allow you to work in a range of sectors, including dental, oral surgery, orthodontics and community health clinics.
Dental Assistants are imperative to all aspects of a dental practice, as they ensure that high standards of quality patient care are met. If you’re looking for flexible working hours, Dental Assisting is a great option, as many practices offer casual and part-time work.
This course also requires a minimum of 300 hours of work placement in a dental clinic and a suitable supervisor able to sign off on the practical demonstration elements.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this dental assisting course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN004 - Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- HLTDEN010 - Implement an oral hygiene program for older people
- HLTDEN011 - Implement an oral health promotion program
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Oral Health Promotion Specialisation) from Foundation Education.
This course gives you job-ready skills and specialist oral health knowledge that will place you at a professional advantage when applying for a number of positions.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Oral Health Advisor
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
- Treatment Coordinator
- Dental Receptionist
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $71.39 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $2,990 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
Work Placement Requirements
For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points.
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)