HLT35015/HLT45015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting & Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography Specialisation)
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $4,990 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $111.17 (plus $100 deposit)
- Duration18 Months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration18 Months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant | Dental Hygiene Assistant | Dental Therapy Assistant | View all
Gain specialised skills that will give you a professional advantage as a dental assistant with this online HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting & HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography Specialisation) course.
You will learn how to provide a high level of patient service, maintain impeccable standards of infection control and assist a dental professional with oral health care procedures. You will also learn how to produce dental radiographic images, a key specialisation in the dental services sector.
The coursework is delivered online by Foundation Education, allowing you to move through the units at your own pace and schedule your study time around your personal and work commitments.
Gain practical skills
As part of this course, you will need to organise and complete a minimum of 250 hours of work placement in a dental clinic.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this dental assisting course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- HLTDEN007 - Apply the principles of radiation biology and protection in dental practice
- HLTDEN008 - Prepare to expose a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN009 - Produce a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Dental Assisting & HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography Specialisation) from Foundation Education.
This qualification will give you the skills to pursue a career in dental assisting with specialist skills in radiography. Dental assisting is a highly flexible profession, allowing you the opportunity to work part time or casual hours.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Prosthetist Assistant
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
- Dental Radiographer
- Treatment Coordinator
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $111.17 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $4,990 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
Work Placement Requirements
For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
(Dial-up access is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
Please note that legislative radiation licensing requirements may apply to some elective units.