HLT35015/HLT45015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting & Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Oral Health Promotion Specialisation)
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III, Certificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesDental Assistant | Dental Hygiene Assistant | Dental Therapy Assistant | View all
Delivered by Foundation Education, this HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting & HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Oral Health Promotion Specialisation) allows you to gain specialist skills as a dental assistant to help you pursue a wider range of employment options.
The coursework will give you an overview of oral health care provision, allowing you to develop patient-specific programs including those for older people. Combined with 250 hours of practical placement, this dual qualification gives you job-ready skills that will help you start your career with confidence.
Gain practical skills
As part of this course, you will need to organise and complete a minimum of 250 hours of work placement in a dental clinic.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this dental assisting course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN004 - Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- HLTDEN010 - Implement an oral hygiene program for older people
- HLTDEN011 - Implement an oral health promotion program
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Dental Assisting (HLT35015) & Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Oral Health Promotion Specialisation) (HLT45015) from Foundation Education.
With the skills and experience gained from your studies, you’ll be qualified to assist a dentist, dental therapist or dental hygienist. The ability to provide patients with advice on their oral hygiene programs can also give you a professional advantage.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene Assistant
- Dental Therapy Assistant
- Dental Prosthetist Assistant
- Oral Health Advisor
- Dental Sterilisation Nurse
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $105.58 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $700 on your course fees
- $4890 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE-Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
Anyone can apply.