BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; delivered over 12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesMedical Receptionist | Medical Records Clerk
This nationally recognised health administration certificate course teaches you effective customer service skills that will enable you to contribute to the effective running of a medical practice. You will learn how to prepare and process medical accounts, maintain patient records, work in a team environment and respond to workplace problems, changes and challenges. Combined with learning administrative business skills such as, how to organise schedules and deliver a high level of customer service, you will gain a solid understanding of how to work confidently in an administrative position in the health care sector.
With a Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical), you will be qualified to work as a Medical Receptionist, Administration Assistant or Office Junior in a range of health care facilities and industry settings. You will be responsible for undertaking a range of administrative business duties, including directing patient enquiries, scheduling appointments and assisting in a range of clerical duties to ensure the smooth running of a health care or medical facility.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this medical administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBITU307 - Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201 - Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBADM311 - Maintain business resources
- BSBWRT301 - Write simple documents
- BSBITU302 - Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU303 - Design and produce text documents
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 - Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 - Maintain patient records
- BSBMED304 - Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
- BSBMED305 - Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) (BSB31115) from Foundation Education.
Organised and accurate administration is crucial to the smooth running of any medical clinic or department. With this qualification under your belt, you’ll be equipped to contribute to the efficient running of any medical business.
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Records Clerk
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $57.50 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $600 on your course fees
- $2490 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for VET FEE-Help or other assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)