CHC43115 & CHC43415 Certificate IV in Disability & Certificate IV in Leisure and HealthGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byNepean Industry Edge Training (RTO 22214)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostThe full fee for the dual qualification is $4,297. Eligible students may apply for Government funding assistance. Enquire now to find out more.
- Duration2 days a week for 40 weeks
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration2 days a week for 40 weeks
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesResidential Care Officer | Behavioural Support Officer | Residential Support Worker | View all
The joy and satisfaction of supporting and caring for others means working in the disability care sector can be an incredibly rewarding career choice for many people.
If making a real difference to the quality and comfort of someone’s life sounds like the role you were made for, consider completing the dual Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) from Nepean Industry Edge Training.
This is a great opportunity to gain two qualifications that are highly regarded in the community care sector. With an emphasis on patient care and wellbeing, these two qualifications will prepare you for roles in community and home environments, as well as offer real, hands-on training with industry professionals when you embark on practical work placement.
Please note, students may choose to enrol in one course and graduate with a single qualification.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this dual qualification, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- CHCLAH001 - Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (additional unit give to all students)
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices (additional unit given to disability students)
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 - Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- CHCDIS008 - Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 - Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centered approach
- CHCDIS010 - Provide person-centered services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCLEG003- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
Lesuire and Health
- CHCLAH002 - Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003 - Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health program
- CHCLAH004 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCLAH005 - Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support for people living with dementia
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
Why Study With Nepean Industry Edge Training
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this dual qualification, you'll receive a Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) from Nepean Industry Edge Training.
Use your new skill set to pursue a range of different roles within the disability care sector.
- Residential Care Officer
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Residential Support Worker
- Disability Support Officer
- Development Officer
- Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for the Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) is $3,275
The full fee for the Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) is $3,275
The full fee for the dual qualification is $4,297.00
Eligible students may apply for Government funding assistance. Enquire now to find out more.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
A Police Check and Working with Children check is mandatory in this field of employment. Students are required to have a current police check by the start of the first class.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: