CHC43015 & CHC43415 Certificate IV in Ageing Support & Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Awarded byNepean Industry Edge Training (RTO 22214)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostThe full fee for the dual qualification is $4,488. Eligible students may apply for Government funding assistance. Enquire now to find out more.
- Duration2 days a week for 35 weeks
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration2 days a week for 35 weeks
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesAccommodation Support Worker | Care Supervisor (Aged Care) | Disabilities Services Officer | View all
Working with seniors to improve and support their wellbeing, mobility and independence is your chance to make a real difference in someone’s life.
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) from Nepean Industry Edge Training is a dual qualification that sets you up with two highly regarded qualifications in the aged care industry.
Physical activity is vital for quality of life and wellbeing for seniors. In the Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) you’ll learn the interpersonal and planning skills needed to design programs, run activities and use lifestyle and leisure opportunities for seniors.
The Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) covers topics including coordination of aged care services to legal and ethical compliance to equip you with the skills for caregiver roles in both community and home environments.
Both courses include hands-on experience with up to 240 hours of practical placement, so you’ll graduate with the knowledge and skills of what it will take to have a rewarding career in the booming sector of aged care.
Please note, students may choose to enrol in one course and graduate with a single qualification.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (additional unit given to students)
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE003 - Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 - Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
Leisure and Health
- CHCLAH001 - Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCLAH002 - Contribute to leisure and health programming
- CHCLAH003 - Participate in planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- CHCLAH004 - Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- CHCLAH005 - Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
Why Study With Nepean Industry Edge Training
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this dual qualification, you'll receive a Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) from Nepean Industry Edge Training.
Your new qualifications and skills will open up a range of opportunities in the aged care sector - an industry speedily growing due to Australia's ageing population.
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
- Disabilities Services Officer
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Leisure Coordinator
- Activities Officer
- Development Officer
- Community Leisure Officer
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for the Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) is $3,275
The full fee for the Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) is $3,275
The full fee for the dual qualification is $4,488
Eligible students may apply for Government funding assistance. Enquire now to find out more.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
A Police Check and Working with Children check is mandatory in this field of employment. Students are required to have a current police check by the start of the first class.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: