CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Awarded byHammond Institute (RTO 90720)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostGovt. Funded Fees-$100 Concession Govt. Funded Fees=$20 Fee for service=$6500
- Duration12 Months
- Payment OptionUpfront paymentSkills First Funding
- Duration12 Months
- Start DateEvery Month
- Career OutcomesPersonal Care Worker | Community Support Worker | Care Team Leader | View all
Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) from Hammond Institute reflects the role of support workers who complete specialized tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organization guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualized service planning and delivery.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Industry Suggested Electives
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
Why Study With Hammond Institute
Get the right skills, training and confidence to be workplace ready when you study with Hammond Institute. Their custom-designed short courses in aged care, disability support, community services, early childhood education and more, are delivered by trainers and assessors who are at the peak of their game.
With a motto of “Where the student comes first”, you can trust that Hammond Institute goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and supportive learning experience.
Student’s of Hammond will have 24/7 access to trainers and assessors who will help with questions relating to course content as well as times with improving your time-management.
Where Will It Lead Me?
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) include:
- CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services
- CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Care Team Leader
- Senior Community Care Worker
- Assistant Age Care Coordinator
- Assistant Age Care Team Leader
- Service Coordinator
- Transport Coordinator
- In-Home Respite Care
How Much Will It Cost?
- Government Funding
- Payment plan
Govt. Funded Fees-$100
Concession Govt. Funded Fees=$20
Fee for service=$6500
Under Skills First Funding, the Victorian government will contribute to the cost of training for eligible students to study courses that will prepare students to work in an industry with growing need for skilled workers.
The provider of this course is a Skills First registered institution. Enquire about this course now to find out more about your eligibility.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
•Age: must be 18 years or over
•Undertake LLN test: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) is desirable to participate in the course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: