CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Awarded byHammond Institute (RTO 90720)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostThe full fee for this course is $6,500. Enquire now to learn more about affordable payment options available
- Duration12 months full-time or part-time equivalent
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12 months full-time or part-time equivalent
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesPersonal Care Worker | Community Support Worker | Care Team Leader | View all
Take the first step in a rewarding professional career working hands-on to help people thrive with this Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) course from Hammond Institute.
Designed for students seeking to start a career in the dynamic and rewarding field of aged care, this practical, skills-focused course will equip you with the foundation skills, experience and knowledge required to work in the aged care sector. In just one year of full-time study, you’ll develop solid skills in individual support and care, grounded in a strong theoretical foundation of the legal, social and environmental requirements of support work.
You’ll learn how to design and implement a tailored support program that sees older people living dignified, supported lives, and will have the opportunity through 120 hours of hands-on work experience to hone your practical skills. You’ll complete this course with the experience and confidence required to dive immediately into work in the challenging and rewarding aged care sector.
If you enjoy working with people, like every day to be different and care about seeing people thrive, a career in aged care support is for you. It starts with this course.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCADV001 – Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 – Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 – Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 – Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 – Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 – Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement service programs
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
Why Study With Hammond Institute
Get the right skills, training and confidence to be workplace ready when you study with Hammond Institute. Their custom-designed short courses in aged care, disability support, community services, early childhood education and more, are delivered by trainers and assessors who are at the peak of their game.
With a motto of “Where the student comes first”, you can trust that Hammond Institute goes above and beyond to ensure a positive and supportive learning experience.
Student’s of Hammond will have 24/7 access to trainers and assessors who will help with questions relating to course content as well as times with improving your time-management.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) from Hammond Institute.
This industry-focused course will equip you with the practical skills, knowledge and experience required to seek employment in the rewarding and dynamic aged care sector after course completion. With this qualification, you may choose to work as a residential or community care worker for older people, or work in a specialised aged care team in an individual support services team.
This course also acts as a pathway to further study and qualification. After completing this Certificate IV course, you may choose to enhance your career opportunities with a CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services, a CHC53415 Diploma of Leisure and Health or a CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management, to provide highly specialised support and care to your clients.
This course will equip you with the insights, abilities, experience and confidence required to work to help older people lead dignified and thriving lives.
- Personal Care Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Care Team Leader
- Senior Community Care Worker
- Assistant Age Care Coordinator
- Assistant Age Care Team Leader
- Service Coordinator
- Transport Coordinator
- In-Home Respite Care
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for this course is $6,500. Hammond Institute offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Government-subsidised training may be available to eligible students. Enquire now to find out more.
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged over 17 years; AND
- Have undertaken a pre-training review.
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in this course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Students will also be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test with scores of 3 in learning, reading, writing, oral communication and 2 in numeracy is desirable to participate in this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: