CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- Awarded byKirana Colleges (RTO 52247)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostVaries
- Duration12-18 months full-time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- Duration12-18 months full-time
- Start DateEnquire now for start dates!
Got a passion for helping others? Want a career where you can make a difference in the lives of people in need? The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) from Kirana can help you achieve just that.
This course is the first step in gaining the knowledge and practical experience to work in this rapidly growing industry. You will be given a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
The practical work placement aspect of this course will give you the hands-on experience that you need to step directly into your new role.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
To achieve a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) a total of 13 units of competency must be completed (seven core units and six elective units).
This aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid*
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
*This unit is delivered and assessed by ABC First Aid, RTO Code 3399 in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS.
Why Study With Kirana Colleges
Arm yourself with the skills, knowledge, confidence and can-do attitude that employers are seeking when you get qualified by Kirana Colleges.
Their commitment to delivering training and work-ready courses will set you up for success across industries like Early Childhood Education, Individual Support, Aged Care and more. All certificate courses are nationally recognised and are designed to help you thrive.
At Kirana Colleges, their mission is to improve communities and societies through giving students the right training. Discover how you can make a difference to your community by getting the skills to change yourself and the world around you!
They’re all about helping to make a difference at Kirana Colleges, so to ensure a positive outcome they’ve put focus into providing a positive learning experience.
To help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track, Kirana has developed a Student Assistance Program (SAP), which is a confidential and free counselling service including a dedicated 24/7 hotline and counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype). There’s also Kirana’s Student Support Hotline to assist with any academic questions.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) from Kirana.
Graduates may seek employment in a range of entry-level roles within the aged and home care sector, or choose to pursue further study with a CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support or CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
How Much Will It Cost?
Kirana Colleges offers affordable payment options to help you get you closer to achieving your learning and career goals sooner.
- Upfront payment via direct debit, debit/credit card or cash
- Kirana have a range of government financial assistance packages to help subsidise the course fees of eligible students.
Enquire now for more information and to see if you meet eligibility criteria.
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no eligibility requirements for this course. However, it’s preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
Students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.