CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byMelbourne City Institute of Education (RTO 22172)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course Cost$6,500
- Duration9 months
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration9 months
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesPersonal Care Assistant | Accommodation Support Worker | Community Care Worker | View all
Discover the fundamentals of working in the challenging and rewarding aged care industry when you sign up for the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) (CHC33015) delivered by MCIE.
This course will give you a range of skills suitable for support roles in a residential or community care environment. You will learn how to provide individualised support, work ethically and legally within a health or community services environment, and follow safe work practices.
Learn from skilled trainers who will get you equipped with the right skills and knowledge to provide effective client care. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as giving back to the community by caring for our elders while helping them maintain their independence.
To successfully complete this course, you must undertake 120 hours of hands-on work placement.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 - Provide home and community support services
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Why Study With Melbourne City Institute of Education
Discover the Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE) difference when you study at this esteemed institution. With a key focus on getting you closer to conquering your career goals, MCIE’s courses have been developed by relevant industry leaders and offer you the opportunity to build practical experience.
Give back to the community with a nationally recognised certificate in disability care, individual support and more, all led by passionate and experienced trainers and in state-of-the-art training facilities.
At MCIE, your success is their success, which is why they’re dedicated to providing you with a supportive and positive learning experience.
MCIE offer students resources, support services and guidance around job and career opportunities; accommodation needs; lifestyle adjustments that may come with studying; general health and wellbeing, and health cover. They also have a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) from MCIE.
Get the required skills to work in aged care support services and home and community care. Armed with your new certification you'll be able to open up the door to a range of rewarding career opportunities including:
- Personal Care Assistant
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Support Worker
- Care Worker
- In-Home Respite Worker
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee for this course is $6,500.
Government funding may be available. Enquire now to find out more!
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however, you will need to go through a pre-training review process to determine if you are suitable for this course.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: