CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)Get a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byNepean Industry Edge Training (RTO 22214)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOn Campus
- Course CostThe full fee for this course is $2,875.Eligible students may apply for Government funding assistance. Enquire now to find out more.
- Duration2 days per week for 24 weeks
- Payment OptionUpfront payment
- Duration2 days per week for 24 weeks
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates.
- Career OutcomesAccommodation Support Worker | Community Care Worker | Home Care Assistant | View all
Help make the later years of someone’s life more comfortable, enjoyable and engaging. Learn how to care for older adults with the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) (CHC33015) from Nepean Industry Edge Training.
With onsite training at aged care facilities, this qualification will equip you with in-demand skills and provides an in-depth look at the behind the scenes of working in the aged care industry.
Topics you’ll study range from how to follow individualised care and support plans for older patients, dementia and palliative care, to independence and wellbeing and understanding the legal and ethical responsibilities of aged care. Plus get hands-on experience and develop your skills in the workplace with 180 hours of practical placement.
Aged care is a diverse branch of health care and this qualification can open up many career opportunities in a sector where demand is rapidly rising due to Australia’s ageing population. Enquire today to get started sooner.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS015 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Why Study With Nepean Industry Edge Training
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) (CHC33015).
Your new qualification and skills will open up a range of opportunities in both a community or a residential setting.
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- In-Home Respite Worker
- Care Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
What You'll Need To Get In
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must have a current police check before commencement of the first class.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: