HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,590 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $59.42 (plus $100 deposit).
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesAdministrative Assistant | Senior Clerk | Medical Records Section Leader | View all
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Health Administration teaches you how to understand and apply medical terminology, manage patient record-keeping systems and contribute to the organisational effectiveness of the health industry. In addition to this, you will learn a variety of customer service strategies which will allow you to provide quality client care in a range of medical and health care environments.
With a Certificate IV in Health Administration you’ll be able to perform a range of administrative functions in health services, both autonomously and as a senior member of staff in an administrative team. You may find yourself working in medical institutions, such as clinics, hospitals, community health centres and private practices. Once you’ve attained this online health care qualification, you can also choose to continue your studies and expand your career opportunities with a Diploma of Practice Management.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this health course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBWOR401A - Establish effective workplace relationships
- BSBMED301B - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTHIR402D - Contribute to organisational effectiveness in the health industry
- HLTHIR506C - Implement and monitor compliance with legal and ethical requirements
- HLTWHS300A - Contribute to WHS processes
- BSBLDR403 - Lead team effectiveness
- BSBCUS401B - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402B - Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403B - Implement customer service standards
- BSBHRM404 - Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBRES401A - Analyse and present research information
- BSBMED401B - Manage patient record keeping system
- HLTCOM404C - Communicate effectively with clients
- HLTHIR403C - Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) from Foundation Education.
The range of skills you’ll learn in this course can be applied across the spectrum of health professions. If you’d like to start out in the healthcare industry then this course will prepare you to become an effective team leader, with the ability to manage health-related information and get the best out of your colleagues.
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Clerk
- Medical Records Section Leader
- Ward Clerk
How Much Will It Cost?
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $59.42 per week (52 weekly repayments)
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $600 on your course fees
- $2,590 upfront payment
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)