HLT37315 Certificate III in Health Administration
- Awarded byFoundation Education (RTO 22557)
- QualificationCertificate III
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $2,590 OR Payment Plan: 52 Weekly Instalments of $63.44 (plus $100 deposit).
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced; complete within 12 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesWard Clerk | Medical Receptionist | Medical Administrative Assistant | View all
This course will teach you how to maintain patient and financial records, manage information and resources and contribute to innovation in the workplace. The Certificate III in Health Administration equips you with knowledge of medical terminology and allows you to develop an understanding of how to implement infection control policies and work health and safety processes.
Upon graduating with the Certificate III in Health Administration, you will be able to provide administrative support in a range of health service settings, including medical practices, hospitals and community health clinics. With this nationally recognised training qualification you can apply for work as a Medical Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Office Junior, allowing you to take on a variety of administrative duties that contribute to the efficient running of a health care facility. If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into a Certificate IV in Health Administration or Diploma of Practice Management.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this health administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safe
- BSBWOR301B - Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBADM311A - Maintain business resources
- BSBWRT301A - Write simple documents
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBINM301 - Organise workplace information
- BSBMED302B - Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303B - Maintain patient records
- BSBMED401B - Manage patient record keeping system
- BSBRKG301B - Control records
Why Study With Foundation Education
For 20 years Foundation Education has been boosting the skills of their students and getting them workplace ready. With nationally recognised certificates in Early Childhood Education and Care, Health Administration, Allied Health, Dental Care and more, you can trust Foundation Education to provide you with the premier education you’re seeking.
When you study with Foundation Education you’ll be getting the up-to-date knowledge and support you need to conquer your career goals. Their Certificate III and IV courses will provide you with the perfect entry point into your field or a gateway into University.
Study online and enjoy a flexible learning experience tailored to suit your schedule. Simply log on and learn at your own pace and convenience.
Get expert support and guidance along every step of your Foundation Education study journey.
Their dedicated support services include an Orientation to help familiarise you with the new e-learning platform; Specialist and Technical Advisors who are on hand to answer any questions around your course content and assessments; Student Support Officers to assist you with all general enquiries, and a team of Assessors to evaluate assignments and provide feedback.
Plus throughout your studies you will have access to group and individual coaching sessions, activity monitoring to help you stay on track with your assignments and a range of career preparation tools.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited HLT37315 Certificate III in Health Administration from Foundation Education.
By completing this course, you’ll open up a raft of employment opportunities in medical practices, hospitals and community health clinics.
- Ward Clerk
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Admissions Clerk
How Much Will It Cost?
Foundation Education offers affordable payment options to help you start your studies sooner.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $63.44 per week (52 weekly repayments)
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to $800 on your course fees
- $2,590 upfront payment
Tuition fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services. Please note this course does not qualify for assisted government funding.
What You'll Need To Get In
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)