FNS40615 Certificate IV in AccountingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byOpen Colleges (RTO 90796)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostUpfront Payment: $3,272 OR Payment Plan: 56 Weekly Instalments of $71.25 (plus $100 deposit)
- DurationMax 24 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationMax 24 months
- Start DateAnytime – start today!
- Career OutcomesBookkeeper | Payroll Officer | Bank Officer | View all
Open College’s Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) is a highly comprehensive course that will provide the backbone for your new career in accounting. The course has been designed by reputable industry experts and provides a foundational overview of the basic accounting skills and knowledge needed to work in the industry.
Completion of the Certificate IV in Accounting will enable students to confidently undertake accounting tasks such as operational reporting, prepare simple management reports and perform financial calculations. Hands-on training with accounting technologies such as MYOB will also mean students gain an understanding of how to operate industry-standard accounting systems.
By successfully obtaining this Certificate IV, students would have completed the educational requirements outlined by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and as such may register as BAS (Business Activity Statements) agents.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
- FNSACC301 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC302 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC301 - Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSBKG405 - Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSBKG404 - Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSACC401 - Process business tax requirements
- FNSINC401 - Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC402 - Prepare operational budgets
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC503 - Manage budgets and forecasts
Why Study With Open Colleges
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised, accredited Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) from Open Colleges.
After completing this financial services certificate program you will be adept in preparing tax forms, financial statements and operational reports – key procedures for effective business and accounting management. You will gain an education in professional communication skills and an understanding of how to maintain a healthy and safe workplace. These skills alongside your industry knowledge will help guide you into a financial services position.
- Payroll Officer
- Bank Officer
- Accounts Clerk
- Employee Bookkeeper
- BAS Agent
- General Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Accounts Receivable Officer
- Taxation Compliance Officer
How Much Will It Cost?
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment models to help make studying more affordable:
Payment Option 1: Pay in 56 weekly instalments
- $71.25 per week
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 20% on your course fees
- $3,272 upfront payment
What You'll Need To Get In