FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and BookkeepingGet a Free Course Guide
- Awarded byMentor Education
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course CostFrom $990
- DurationSelf-paced up to two years part-time
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf-paced up to two years part-time
- Start DateEnquire now for upcoming start dates
- Career OutcomesBookkeeper | Payroll Officer | Accounts Clerk | View all
Improve your accounting knowledge base and technical skills with this online Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) course from Mentor Education.
Suited to both students with no prior experience and those seeking to formalise existing skills with a nationally recognised qualification, this course offers the foundation concepts and skills for working in accounting.
With a self-paced, online delivery,this course offers the chance to upskill without interrupting your life. It meets the educational requirements to become a registered BAS agent, registered tax agent and tax financial adviser as outlined in the 2009 Tax Agent Services Regulations.
The course covers all accounting fundamentals, including financial report preparation, the completion and lodging of business activity and instalment activity statements, ledger administration, cloud computing and processing financial transactions.
Whether you’re an accounting professional looking to formalise your years of experience with a current qualification, or a professional looking to establish a new career within the accounting industry, this practical, work-ready course is your next career step.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
- Prepare financial reports
- Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- Establish and maintain payroll systems
- Evaluate and authorise payment requests
- Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Perform financial calculations
- Process business tax requirements
Why Study With Mentor Education
Want to get into the field of finance? Perhaps you have years of experience and want to excel in a certain area? Whatever your goals, Mentor Education can help get you there! As one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers, Mentor knows what it takes to excel in the financial services and business industry.
With a key focus on delivering professional development courses at the highest quality, you can trust that you’ll get a valuable and enjoyable learning experience. Upskill and boost your qualifications with one of the industry’s finest when you study with Mentor Education.
When you become a student of Mentor Education you’ll have access to an experienced financial advisor who’ll offer you feedback and assistance throughout your time studying.
You’ll also receive the right tools to help build your career thanks to Mentor Education’s 12-month professional development subscription to their Career Pathway Program.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) from Mentor Education.
This is the most current nationally recognised accounting and bookkeeping course offered. This qualification will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to seek employment in a range of payroll, accounts and bookkeeping positions in organisations across a broad range of industries. You may choose to seek employment as an account clerk, payroll officer or bookkeeper.
After enrolling into this program, you will have the option to receive complimentary student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). On completion of this course, you will have the option to upgrade your memberships for a standard fee.
- Payroll Officer
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Bookkeeper Assistant
- Payroll Assistant
How Much Will It Cost?
The fee for this course starts from $990 for online, self-paced learning.
Mentor Education offers flexible payment options to suit each person's individual needs, including:
- Upfront payment
- Direct debit payment plan
What You'll Need To Get In
There are no formal perquisites for this course. Mentor Education recommends that applicants have:
- A strong grasp of computer/technical skills; AND
- A high level of literacy and numeracy skills
You will also need to have MYOB and Microsoft Excel installed on your computer. It is recommended that you have access to a Windows-based computer.