FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Awarded byThe National Finance Institute (RTO 31203)
- QualificationCertificate IV
- Study ModeOnline
- Course Cost$1,650 for online learning
- DurationSelf paced; up to 12 months
- Payment OptionPayment planUpfront payment
- DurationSelf paced; up to 12 months
- Start DateAny time – start now!
- Career OutcomesBookkeeper | Employee Bookkeeper | BAS Agent | View all
Want to get your start in the financial services sector? This Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) from The National Finance Institute (NFI) gives you the skills you need to begin your career in accounting and bookkeeping with confidence.
You’ll learn everything you need to know to fulfill your duties as a bookkeeper. This course familiarises you with how to complete essential tasks, which includes preparing financial reports, processing transactions, extracting interim reports, operating a computerized accounting system, maintaining payroll system and more.
Study when it suits you! This course is offered for online or distance study, allowing you to work through the units in your own time and maintain your own schedule. It’s never been easy to fit gaining a new qualification into your work/life balance, so why wait to get a start on achieving your career goals.
This course meets the Nationally Recognised Training standards. It is listed on the Australian government’s National Register for Vocational Education and Training (VET). Studying this course leads to a qualification that’s recognised throughout Australia, and lets employers know that you have the right skills for the job.
What You'll Learn
In this accounting course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- BSBSMB412 - Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC311 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 - Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 - Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 - Establish and maintain payroll systems
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBCUS403 - Implement customer service standards
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 - Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWRT301 - Write simple documents
- FNSACC313 - Perform financial calculations
- FNSACC405 - Maintain inventory records
- FNSACC407 - Produce job costing information
- FNSACC411 - Process business tax requirements
- FNSACC412 - Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC413 - Make decisions in a legal context
- FNSACC414 - Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACM401 - Evaluate and authorize payment requests
Why Study With The National Finance Institute
Are you on the hunt for a recognised training provider specialising in finance? Take a look at The National Finance Institute (NFI)! NFI is all about delivering nationally accredited courses that drive success and get you results in the workforce.
Enjoy their flexible course delivery options, allowing you to study online at your own pace and convenience. Get recognised in the finance industry when you arm yourself with an NFI qualification.
Study with NFI and have access to a support team and trainers who have the knowledge and commitment to ensure each student thrives throughout their studies and is supported every step of the way. From planning out your career goals to preparing for assessments, you’ll get the right support that’ll put you on the path to success.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) from The National Finance Institute.
In addition to improving your skills in accounting and bookkeeping, you may be eligible for registration as a BAS Agent on completion of this course depending on electives chosen. Job opportunities for qualified bookkeepers and trainee accountants exist across a wide range of industries.
- Employee Bookkeeper
- BAS Agent
- Trainee Accountant
How Much Will It Cost?
The National Finance Institue payment options for this course are as follows:
- Online e-learning mode - $1,650 full course or $165 per unit; OR
- Distance learning - $1,950 full course + postage or $195 per unit + postage (Distance Learning is full online access + printed copies of the units); OR
- Payment plan - A pay by monthly instalments (4 months maximum), plus a $90 admin fee
Fees are inclusive of course access, support, assessment and Certificate delivery.
What You'll Need To Get In
You do not require any prior experience or prior qualifications to begin this course. Students must have access to a computer and the internet and have an email address. Students should also be familiar with how to save, create and edit Microsoft Office documents.